Ways To Give
Giving Honors Your Passions and Helps Others
GIVING to the passions that inspire you provides you with the satisfaction of knowing you have helped others in ways that are precious to you. GIVING to the Evergreen Foundation impacts Everyday Life. At Evergreen!
GIVING also offers you the benefits of belonging to our Family of Friends and blesses you with the joy of giving.
- You can designate the purpose of your gift to any of the following:
• The benevolent fund for residents who have outlived their financial resources;
• The endowment fund whose interest may be used annually;
• The unrestricted fund whose use is determined by the Foundation Board of Directors;
• The restricted fund of your choice.
- You can identify gifts as honorariums to commemorate special occasions for your loved ones or as memorials to remember them.
- You can make gifts of any amount and kind (e.g. cash, stocks, bonds, property).
• Donors of $100,000 gifts or more are eligible for naming opportunities;
• Donors of one-time or cumulative gifts reaching $10,000 receive a
pinecone pyramid specially designed for Evergreen donors;
- Donors who do not choose to remain anonymous are recognized in the annual Family of Friends Donor Report for gifts, bequests and planned gifts made during the previous calendar year; campaign donors who do not choose to remain anonymous are recognized on Campaign Recognition Walls.
- You may realize charitable deductions, tax savings, and/or income for life through various estate planning tools. Federal and many state tax laws make it possible to reduce or eliminate gift, estate, capital gain, and income taxes on funds given to charities.
Giving with IRA Charitable Rollover Legislation
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act as amended in 2015 makes the IRA Charitable Rollover permanent law. This is an important giving vehicle for our donors who are age 70 1/2 or older because it allows you to transfer up to $100,000 annually from your IRA accounts directly to Evergreen without having to pay income tax on the money. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and
not to other types of retirement plans. You may not receive any goods or services in return for the rollover gift in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
Requests for information about giving to the Evergreen Foundation, to select which Evergreen Foundation materials to receive, or to remove your name from specific mailing lists may be directed to the Vice President of Foundation Advancement at 920-237-2120.