Make a Difference. Become an Evergreen Volunteer!
Volunteers are vital at Evergreen! They are a key component as they enable Evergreen to provide a vast array of programs that otherwise would not be possible. In 2014 alone, 159 volunteers provided 9,460 hours of service at Evergreen.
Evergreen volunteers give of their time and talents to engage and enrich the lives of residents in a variety of ways:
- Providing the "push power" to escort residents to and from campus events
- Leading group activities
- Sharing musical talents
- Reading aloud
- Making puzzles or playing cards with residents
- Sorting, pricing, displaying or selling merchandise in our Manor Mart re-sale shop
- Pampering residents with free manicures
- Making it possible for residents to create jewelry in our lapidary shop
- Offering soda, popcorn and other treats to residents from our refreshment cart
- And so much more - because when you volunteer at Evergreen, we'll find something you will love doing!
Volunteers of all ages, interests and abilities can serve at their own convenience. Those under 14 years old must be accompanied by a family member. Special one-time volunteers, such as church youth groups and college service groups or other service-oriented organizations are also welcome.
Discover the Benefits of Volunteering
- Share your talents, develop new interests, make new friends.
- Become eligible for special privileges in the Fitness and Aquatic Centers.
- Be honored and appreciated at an annual reception.
To help appropriately match your interests we ask all prospective volunteers to complete a volunteer application, provide references, and submit a background check if over 18 years old. After the application is approved and an interview is completed, orientation and training are provided.
Contact Phyllis Thompson, Volunteer Resources Coordinator