facebook youtube

(920) 233-2340 

evergreen logo

Frequently Asked Questions by Residents and Families

Here are some of the most commonly asked questions from residents and families.  For other details refer to the Quick Reference Guide or Menu of Services located below.

1) How do I access the Wireless Internet?

Search for available Wi-Fi networks and click on the one called ERC_Guest. Once connected, open the Internet. At the prompt on the screen, hit the grey button that says accept terms. Once you have done that it will redirect you to an Evergreen Thank You page and you are then connected to the internet.

2) How will I get my mail?

If you live in the Village or Evergreen Homes, your mail will be delivered by the Post Office to your private mailbox.  If you live in the Manor Apartments, Garden Place or Garden Terrace, mail will be sorted by our Front Office staff and placed in your locked mailbox across from The GardenSide.  Mail for all other residents will be sorted by staff and delivered right to your room.

3) Will I get a newspaper?

If you desire a newspaper subscription, you must order it directly from the newspaper.  If you live in the Village or Evergreen Homes, use your personal address and it will be delivered to your building or home. If you live in the Manor, Garden or Creekview Buildings, use the Front Office address, 1130 N Westfield Street, and include your apartment or room number when ordering. Then notify staff that you will receive the paper.  If you live at ShareHaven, provide the ShareHaven address, 1095 N Westfield Street, and alert the staff that you have ordered the paper.

4) What should I do if I have questions about my appliances, TV, cable service, computer, temperature control, etc?

Our maintenance crew and technology staff can help you learn how to use your appliances, computer and other equipment as well as assist when things go wrong.  Submit a work order to schedule services.

5) How do I place a work order?

Follow this link for information about how to submit an electronic Worx Hub work order directly from this Evergreen website.  Once your log-in and password is established, you will be able to place a work order from any computer, on or off campus.  If you do not have computer access, call the Front Office at 920-233-2340 and staff will submit it for you.

6) How do I get private telephone service?

You may want a cell phone for convenience, or you may prefer a land line. In either case, if you'd like personal phone service, please make arrangements directly with your provider of choice.

If you choose a land line, some providers will encourage you to purchase a package that includes Internet service. Keep in mind that Evergreen provides free wireless Internet on our campus, so it may be a duplication of services. Evergreen's wireless Internet is redundant which means we have two different services online at all times and when one fails we automatically switch to the other connection. But there is the chance that on occasion our wireless service may be interrupted. Internet service through your phone line would not be affected at those times, so you may feel there is some benefit to having your own Internet service through your land line.

There are two providers that offer land line service on our campus.  Here is the contact information to reach them:

AT&T – phone 800.288.2020
AT&T land line service should cost $15-30 per month depending on the options you choose for local and long distance calls.  The salesperson will try to up-sell you to the U-Verse package which includes Internet service. If you firmly insist on land-line only, and if the representative will not give it to you, you may have to ask to speak to a supervisor.

Time Warner – phone 920.360.6929
Time Warner offers land lines and land line packages that include Internet and expanded cable options.

7) What if I have a problem with my phone?

Please contact your personal provider for problems with your phone. If you notice a problem with an Evergreen phone located in common areas or in Creekview Rehabilitation Center resident rooms, please report it to the Front Office or the Creekview Rehabilitation Center staff.

8) Can my family or friends visit overnight? 

Yes - your guests are welcome! Evergreen has one Guest Room with two twin beds that can be reserved for family or friends of Evergreen residents. Several local hotels also offer discounts to those who are visiting Evergreen.

9) What is there to do when my family or friends come to visit me?

You'll be amazed at the number and variety of things to do when family or friends visit Evergreen! Dine, shop, play games or play the piano, explore the outdoors, or find a cozy nook to sit and chat. Here is a list of ideas and destinations.

10) How do I reserve a room to host a personal gathering?

commonsReserve the Commons for your larger gatheringsEvergreen has several room options for you to host a personal party, meeting, or other gathering.  There is no charge for reserving a room, but it is important to reserve the appropriate space as early as possible. The Trellis is a private dining room in The GardenSide restaurant and accommodates up to 24 people.  The Commons is located in the lower level and offers space for larger gatherings. With the adjoining Commons kitchen, it is convenient for preparing and serving food.  Several meeting rooms in the lower level are also available, including the Resident Community Room, Elmer Harvey Room, and the larger Rowland Rooms. Contact the Front Office at 920-233-2340 to make a room reservation.